Callies Durastar crankshafts are designed to be substantially stronger than OEM shafts currently found in GM’s popular Duramax diesel. This improvement is the result of substantially stronger steel, considerably deeper nitride layer and unique machining features.
Durastar crankshafts are intended to be externally balanced with stock damper and flywheel configurations.
- Deep DuraCase ™ nitride treatment that is durability and wear enhancing
- Large True Form fillet radii in all journals
- Keyed Shear Proof timing gear fit
- Drilled rod journals for reduced inertia and ease of balance
- Stock 3.898” stroke with OEM journal diameters and width
- Machined from 4340, through hardened steel
- Dual keyed damper fit
- Conservatively rated for 800hp @ 800 ft / lb torque
- Will accept OEM post and flange bolts
- Machined to accept OEM flywheels / flexplates
- All journals are polished to a 6Ra or finer finish
- Main bearing oil holes are machined with lead-ins for enhanced cold start oil flow to rod journals
- GM timing gears are available